Your mission :
As part of the team of electron microscopy experts in the Electron Microscopy Centre CIME you will provide EPFL researchers and partners with access to high-performance scientific equipment. You will also contribute to develop the techniques and methods of the facility for the benefit of users and the promotion of EPFL.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- supervision of high-end equipment
- training of new users on TEM
- supporting EPFL researchers for TEM investigations and data analysis
- participation in various research projects
- manage and conduct service work in collaboration with external/industrial clients.
- contribute to the research and development of new techniques available to EPFL’s research community at the CIME
Your profile :
Physicist, chemist or material´s scientist and a highly competent microscopist with experience on aberration corrected microscopes
- you are a highly competent microscopist with experience on Cs corrected microscopes
- you are able to adapt to many types of microscopes, to implement existing techniques and you are eager to develop innovative methods and techniques in electron microscopy
- you enjoy working in an open infrastructure, which guides and provides PhD students, postdocs and researchers access to state-of-the-art electron microscopy equipment and techniques
- you are a good team player and strongly service-oriented
- you want to teach
- you have proven skills in writing scientific reports, publications and have participated in grants applications
- you have experience in collaborating with industrial clients
We offer :
- a dynamic work environment with multidisciplinary team that provides and develops cutting-edge electron microscopy, serving the needs of EPFL laboratories and external clients in the fields of physics, chemistry and engineering as well as materials sciences.
- An instrument park with high-end equipment.
Start date :
1st of April or at convenience
Term of employment :
Work rate :
For additional information :
please contact M. Marco Cantoni by e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application (cover letter, detailed resume, copies of certificates) by e-mail to : email@example.com