Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain Recherche is one of eight major research centers of Saint-Gobain. Based in Paris area, its major research areas are related to glass, layers and surface coatings, building materials and habitat in general. Preparing the future by imagining the products and processes of tomorrow around habitat, energy and environment, that is the daily life of its research teams.
To know more: www.saint-gobain-recherche.fr
Poste et missions
The post-holder will drive innovation by improving the performances of complex manufacturing processes. To this end, he/she is expected to
- perform an in-depth process analysis in collaboration with local technical staff;
- propose and implement an experimental, analytical and/or numerical methodology suitable to identify the best solutions;
- establish and supervise scientific collaborations with both national and international academic and/or industrial partners (PhD theses, postdocs) ;
- work effectively and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary and international environment;
- support and/or coordinate R&D plant (or pilot) scale trials;
- report on his/her R&D activities on a regular basis.
Mobilité géographique :
The successful candidate has a PhD (and/or a Master’s degree) with a broad background in a relevant field of engineering, physics and/or applied mathematics (such as fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics, continuum mechanics, biomechanics, modelling of complex rheology, combustion, stability analysis, optimisation). His/Her approach to research is hands-on, innovative and strongly result-oriented. His/Her commitment to research excellence is supported by a promising track record of early scientific achievements, as appropriate to his/her career stage. Excellent oral and written communication skills (in both English and French) and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences also represent a key requirement for this post, as well as the aptitude to work effectively and cooperatively in a multicultural environment.